FIRE FIGHTERS × 4 LESEDI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY GAUTENG
FIRE FIGHTER (2 year contract)
Department: COMMUNITY SERVICES
Number of Positions Available: 4
Remuneration: R190.00 per shift
Minimum Job Requirements:
Grade 12, Fire Fighter 1 & 2, Hazmat Awareness & Hazmat Operational. C1 or
EC1 Drivers license with PrDP and a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience, Basic
Life Support and registered with the HPCSA.
Specific physical attributes, which can become essential, necessitates that the incumbent be physically fit and able bodied.
Must have integrity, be stress tolerant, persistent, initiative and adaptable/flexible work styles. Required to work overtime during specific unplanned emergencies/ disasters.
Duties And Responsibilities
• To ensure the section is prepared and positioned to provide an acceptable
standard of municipal fire prevention service.
• To ensure support is made available during emergencies to enable control of the disaster situation and minimizing any risk of damage to property and/ or the loss of lives.
• To ensure laid down administrative procedures associated with functionality are complied with and specific deadlines adhered to.
• To ensure that equipment is ready and available for use.
How To Apply:
- Applications must be lodged at: Enquiries or P.O Box 201
Corner H F Verwoerd and Louw Street Heidelberg
Closing Date: 10 August 2017
NOTE: Applicants who have not been contacted within three months from the closing date should consider themselves unsuccessful. The Lesedi Local Municipality is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Lesedi Local Municipality reserves the right to appoint a successful candidate.
Contact person: Nerina Ramsammy/Mpumi Dlamini
Telephone: 016 492 0207/0244